DisclosureSave Privacy Notice – For Website and Mobile Apps
Last updated: September 9, 2016
DisclosureSave is committed to protecting your personal information. This Privacy Notice explains how we use and disclose personal information that we collect from individuals with whom we interact via our websites and mobile apps. This Privacy Notice is effective as of September 8, 2016.
- Types of Personal Information Collected by DisclosureSave
This Privacy Notice explains our practices with regard to “Personal Information.” Personal Information is any information that can be used to identify, locate or contact you. It also includes other information that may be associated with your Personal Information. We collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, username, mailing address, telephone numbers, email address or other addresses that allow us to send you messages.
- Relationship Information that helps us do business with you, such as your professional credentials and affiliations and preferences.
- Transaction Information about how you interact with DisclosureSave, including the reports your select, your purchase history, customer account information and information about how you use the DisclosureSave websites and applications. If you purchase products from us online, we will also collect payment card information as needed to process your payment.
- How DisclosureSave Collects Personal Information
In many cases, we collect Personal Information directly from you. We will ask you for Personal Information when you interact with us, such as registering on our websites and ordering reports. We also collect Personal Information when you contact us, such as for customer service purposes.
We may collect additional information about you from your employer, if your company has a corporate account. We may receive information from third party data suppliers who enhance our files and help us better understand our customers. We may also collect information from publicly-available social media sites, such as LinkedIn and Twitter.
- How DisclosureSave Uses Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to:
- Provide you with the products, content or services ordered and for related activities, such as customer service, account management, support and training, reporting and to provide other services related to your account,
- Provide you with marketing communications and offers for products and services from DisclosureSave and our partners, including personalized offers based on your usage of our products, and to manage your communications preferences,
- Provide you with additional information that may be of interest, such as DisclosureSave news and announcements, industry and conference information and other materials that may be of interest to real estate professionals generally,
- Administer surveys and other promotional events,
- Determine if you are eligible for certain products, services or offers, for example, based on the location of the properties that interest you,
- Understand how you and others use our products, content and services, for analytics and product development purposes, and
- Manage our everyday business needs, such as payment processing and financial account management, contract management, website administration, business continuity and disaster recovery, security and fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance.
- Why Personal Information Is Disclosed by DisclosureSave to Others
We understand that you do not want us to provide your Personal Information to third parties for their own marketing purposes. We limit our sharing of your Personal Information as follows:
- If you are affiliated with a company, we may share your Personal Information with that entity. For example, we provide our corporate clients with reports about how their associates use our products. Your company uses your Personal Information in accordance with its own privacy policies.
- We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates, which may only use your Personal Information for the purposes listed above.
- We may also share your Personal Information with our service providers, who are bound by law or contract to protect your Personal Information and only use your Personal Information in accordance with our instructions.
- We may share your Personal Information with partners that provide services to you through our platforms, but only to the extent you have a relationship with such partner or you authorize the sharing. For example, you may request that DisclosureSave share your information to enable the partner to provide you with other services. Additionally, we may share certain Transactional Information with our partners as needed to validate referrals and operate the platforms.
- We may also disclose Personal Information where permitted by law, such as when needed to affect the sale or transfer of business assets, to enforce our rights, protect our property, or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will also always disclose Personal Information when required to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, including to law enforcement agencies and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
Please note that we may also use and disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may publish reports that contain aggregated and statistical data. These reports do not contain any information that would enable the recipient to contact, locate or identify you.
- Cookies and Other Data Collection Technologies
When you visit our website or use our mobile applications, we collect certain Transaction Information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs and web beacons.
In many cases, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is only used in a non-identifiable way, without any reference to Personal Information. For example, we use information we collect about all website users to optimize our websites and to understand website traffic patterns.
In some cases, we do associate the information we collect using cookies and other technology with your Personal Information. This Privacy Notice governs how we use that all of this information when we associate it with your Personal Information.
When you visit our website, we place cookies on your computer. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return. They also help us provide a customized experience and enable us to detect certain kinds of fraud. In many cases, you can manage cookie preferences and opt-out of having cookies and other data collection technologies used by adjusting the settings on your browser. All browsers are different, so visit the “help” section of your browser to learn about cookie preferences and other privacy settings that may be available.
DisclosureSave may use Flash Cookies (also known as Local Stored Objects) and similar technologies to personalize and enhance your online experience. A Flash cookie is a small data file placed on a computer using Adobe Flash technology. The Adobe Flash Player is an application that allows rapid development of dynamic content, such as video clips and animation.
We use Flash cookies to personalize and enhance your online experience and to deliver content for Flash players. We may also use Flash cookies for security purposes, to gather certain website metrics and to help remember settings and preferences. Flash cookies are managed through a different interface than the one provided by your web browser. To manage Flash cookies, please visit Adobe’s website at http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html. If you disable Flash cookies or other similar technologies, please be aware that you may not have access to certain content and product features.
Pixel Tags and Web Beacons
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages or open or click an email, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
Server Logs and Other Technologies
We collect many different types of information from server logs and other technologies. For example, we may collect information the device you use to access our website, your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. Our server logs also record the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to DisclosureSave and the website you visit after you leave our site.
- Third Party Advertising Companies and Browser Tracking Information
We have relationships with third party advertising companies to place advertisements on our sites and other sites, and to perform tracking and reporting functions for us. These third party advertising companies may place cookies or other tracking tools on your computer so that they can display targeted advertisements to you.
These third party advertising companies do not collect Personal Information in this process, and we do not give any personal information to them as part of this process. However, this Privacy Notice does not cover the collection methods or use of the information collected by these companies. For more information about third party advertising, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at www.networkadvertising.org. To opt out of being targeted by many third party advertising companies by visiting www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp or http://preferences.truste.com/truste/.
Additional information from the third party advertising companies that we work with:
- Google Analytics: For information on how Google Analytics uses data please visit “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”, located at google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Although our websites currently do not have a mechanism to recognize the various web browser Do Not Track signals, we do offer our customers choices to manage their cookie preferences as described in the previous section. To learn more about browser tracking signals and Do Not Track please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.org/
- Social Media Interactions and Interest-based Ads
Our websites may enable you to interact with us and others via social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. While we respect each social media platform’s privacy policies, we may collect Personal Information about you and your friends if you choose to use these tools.
For example, we may allow you to sign into DisclosureSave websites and applications using Facebook Connect. If you choose to do this, we may collect information necessary to facilitate social interactions such as friend lists, birthday, check-ins, basic profile information and your profile picture but only if the privacy settings you and your friends set within Facebook allow it. We will use the information to facilitate an interactive social experience.
We may display interest-based ads to you when you are using platforms such as Facebook and Google. These platforms allow us to personalize the ads that we display to you. We do not share any of your Personal Information with these platforms, although we may convert your email address into a unique number which can be matched by the platform with its user to allow delivery of the advertising. Although we do not provide any personal information to these platforms, they may gain insights about individuals who respond to the ads we serve.
- Mobile Applications
We offer mobile applications that allow you to access your account, interact with us online and receive other information via your smartphone. All personal information collected by DisclosureSave via our mobile applications is protected by the terms of this Privacy Notice.
When you download our mobile applications, you may choose to allow us to obtain your precise location from your mobile device. We use this information to deliver personalized content to you and for our internal analytics purposes.
We may also offer automatic (or “push”) notifications. We will provide push notifications only to those individual who opt-in to receive such notifications from DisclosureSave. You do not have to provide location information to DisclosureSave or enable push notifications to use any of our mobile apps. If you have questions about location and notification privacy, please contact your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of you device to learn how to adjust your settings.
- Tell-A-Friend Functions
We offer “tell-a-friend” functionality on our websites and apps that allow you to share information with another person by providing an email address. If you choose to use this function, we will collect Contact Information for your friend. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email with the information you specified or inviting him or her to visit the site. DisclosureSave uses this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and does not retain the information.
- Your Choices
You can always limit the information you provide to DisclosureSave. You can also limit the communications that DisclosureSave sends to you. To opt-out of emails, simply click the link labeled “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any email we send you. To revoke permissions that you may have given to send text messages, text STOP in response to any message.
Please note that even if you opt-out of commercial emails, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information about your account. For example, even if you opt-out of emails, we may still send you order confirmations and purchased reports.
If you have any questions about your choices or if you need any assistance with opting-out, please contact us via email to email@example.com. You can also write us at the address in the How to Contact Us section below. If you send us a letter, please provide your name, address, email address, and information about the communications that you do not want to receive.
- Access and Correction
We respect your right to access and correct your Personal Information. If you have an online account, you can log into your account at any time to access and update the information you have provided to us. Additionally, DisclosureSave complies with all laws regarding access and correction. If you need assistance updating your Personal Information, please contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information Security
We have implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to safeguard your Personal Information. For example, we use industry-standard encryption technology to secure sensitive Personal Information when it is being collected and transmitted over the Internet as well as firewalls, site monitoring and intrusion detection software.
- Privacy Policies of Third Parties
This Privacy Notice only addresses the use and disclosure of information by Disclosure Save, LLC and its affiliates. Other websites that may be accessible through this website have their own privacy policies and data collection, use and disclosure practices. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by all third parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of an offer or promotion.
- Job Applicants
If you have applied for employment with DisclosureSave, the Personal Information submitted with your job application will be used only for recruitment and other customary human resources purposes.
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Notice to reflect new or different privacy practices. We will place a notice online when we make material changes to this the Privacy Notice. Additionally, if the changes will materially affect the way we use or disclose previously-collected Personal Information, we will notify you about the change by sending a notice to the primary email address associated with your account.
- How to Contact Us
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Privacy Notice. You can always reach us online at email@example.com. You can also reach us via mail to:
Disclosure Save, LLC
PO BOX 164200 Austin, TX 78716-4200